Friday 7 January 2011

Launch of YA Imprint Mira Ink

On the 1st January Harlequin Mills & Boon imprint Mira launched a teen imprint  - Mira Ink. 

The launch titles were the first book in the Soul Screamers series by Rachel Vincent and Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder.
 Mira Ink will publish all books in its list simultaneously with the e-book versions, which form part of an online campaign to promote the list with a Mira Ink  Facebook fan page and YouTube channel.
The You Tube channel has  trailers for Inside Out, Inntertwined and The Iron Fey (this is the one I'm desperate to get my greasy little mitts on) and they are worth a wee watch.
Anyway, here is what Editor Maddie West has to say about what we have to look forward to:

My name is Maddie West and I am obsessed with YA books. Luckily for me, I’m the editor at MIRA INK, a new imprint devoted to all things YA.
We’re launching MIRA INK at the start of 2011 with some amazingly exciting books! We’ve got completely thrilling stories of forbidden love and dark secrets. Banshees, faeries, vampires, werewolves and zombies have battled for my attention and I’m still struggling to pick a favourite.
I hope I’ve whetted your appetite for some of the great things coming from MIRA Ink this year. I know I’ve had the best time ever reading them! 
Maddie
Sounds great and it looks like its not too long a wait until,

The Iron King


Julie Kagawa

Meghan Chase has a secret destiny—one she could never have imagined… Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school…or at home. When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change. But she could never have guessed the truth—that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face…and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment